Tuesday, March 20, 2007

At least Sony was more on the ball

And probably changing the music helped get it approved faster, since it only took a week this time to get my commercial up on the Current TV site.



Now the harder part is getting people to vote enough to get it on TV. Maybe I should do more networking like with chatting programs. The trouble with that is that a lot of the people you talk to only have a very shallow connection and wouldn't put in the effort into voting.

Even my sister was the only one in my family to actually sign up and vote for the Loreal commercial and you would think if blood was thicker than water that they would show more support than anonymous people you meet online.

I do seem to be getting a bit more feedback from Acceptable TV most of it is positive.

dawncody said: wow...just wow. i wish i could play this like the sims. you should make a video game

Wysol said: I want to see what happens in CHapter 2. Maybe you should upload a bunch of chapters at once. That way, people don't have to wait.

leg said: that dance scene was brilliant
.


I don't know what that means in getting my videos on the show but it sounds like a good sign that maybe there is a chance they'll do it. It would be a great thing to put on my resume and got more exposure from it.

If it's a hit on the site and the show that would certainly give me a lot more motivation to finish it since I'm still stuck halfway through the 4th chapter. But knowing that it's appreciated by some would certainly provide more stimulation and having a deadline to upload it would give me more impetus to get to work on it.

I had a lot better indication that I'm making progress in getting recognized on that site, a writer for VH1 Best Week Ever named Alex Blagg sent me an email and wanted to interview me as a contributer. Some of the questions were a bit out there, but most of them were cool.

1. How old are you and where do you live? I'm 47 years old and I live in Oroville California

2. Where did you get the idea for "An Angel's Destiny"? I originally had the idea after I watched the movie"Weird Science" I figured they could've done the sequence where they make a woman on the computer a lot better and more reasonable with a particle accelerator so I brought together a geek at Lockheed with access to a supercomputer with the resources of the Stanford Linear Accelerator.

I thought that the Lisa character had a lot in common with Guardian Angels so it would be interesting to tell the story from her POV and how she got the training to become good at her job.

3. How do you design/animate the show? I use a 3D rendering program called Poser to animate the figures and models. Then I output the frames as .png files add some effects and backgrounds in Adobe Photoshop. Then import them into Macromedia Flash to put the comic balloons and text onto the frames. I export the movie clips as .avi file from Flash and import them into Adobe Premiere and put them togetherwith sound effects and music that I've made in Cool Edit. Then I export the movie with Premiere into Quick Time to be able to be uploaded to Revver.

4. Let's talk plot. What's going on here? Basically it's a romantic comedy with Minerva going through a journey to gain experience and training as a Guardian Angel and find love with Chris Amestrly. They both have obstacles to overcome. Minerva with the demands of her job and Chris with trying to fit into her world.

5. You balance sexual tension like a master tightropewalker. Will we ever get to see the any magical boobies? Well technically they were already in the first chapter but I covered them with tattoo texture maps and the demon also had them with tattoos. Hopefully the fact they had some decorations on them will fig leaf them even if they didn't have clothes like Minerva.

6. What inspired you to create this series? I've always been a big fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy. I wanted to create stuff like I've read in books and seen in movies. With a message about the evolution and growth of consciousness. It's my own journey in finally finding my soulmate after decades of searching that really inspired me.

7. Can you give a hint towards what you have in store for these beloved characters? Like the best romances it has a happy ending, they do go through a lot in between trying to get Minerva's wings back and Chris being betrayed by his boss at Lockheed.

8. Do you take drugs? In the past when I first had the idea for the story or now that I've been turning it into an animated comic? Let's just say I've had enough experience in my lifeto benef it from it and avoid the nasty side effects.

9. What do you do when you're not concocting psychadelic fantasy romance videos for the Internet? I do a lot of graphic design, banners for street lights, door coverings, web pages, T-shirts, novels, comics and commercials for Current TV

10. Where do you come up with the names for your
characters? Mostly from Greek, Roman, Norse and Babylonian
mythology

11. Is this entire story some kind of existential
metaphor for the meaninglessness of our existence? Actuallly it's quite the opposite. It's a metaphor the order and purpose of our existence. I've been using a
lot of Ken Wilber's work on Integral Psychology to show the different stages of consciousness and the developement through them.

12. Where do you get the music for these? Revver is very sticky about copyrighted music and since it's for broadcast I've mostly been doing instrumentals in Garage Band so I have the rights to them myself.

13. In episode one, when Minerva mentions her "bruises
after the last orgy", what's that about? That's part of her job description as a houri in the Elysium Paradise that she serve at the pleasure of the heroes in the feasts and celebrations they have there. One of the reasons that she strives for a better job as a Guardian Angel

14. How do you feel about being on Acceptable.tv? Very good, it's quite and opportunity to be able to be part of a show with such potential to show the talent
that the audience has to make and decide their own TV programming.

15. Is there anything else you'd like theAcceptable.tv community to know about you?Well most of my ideas I've been putting in my blog and if they want tosee more about the story they can go to the web page.

I hope that means that I'm getting on the show, but I'm not sure which show since when I looked at what he was writing and it was for the In Case You Missed It segement, so is it for Acceptable TV or Best Week Ever that the interview was for? It might have been just for the blog on either site I'm not sure. I guess either way it's more exposure but probably less if it's for the blog than the show.



After watching that video of what goes behind the scenes I guess I got off easy, since he only asked me about drugs and magical boobies instead of licking balls. I guess I might not be as out there as I thought if they do that kind of stuff on a daily basis. Hopefully they'll be well rested when they do the show on Friday after all that recreation and relaxing.




I figured out a way to get my videos on the front page of the search at YouTube. All I have to do is make all my other videos as responses to one of them and it'll be put near the top of the Most Responed list. It worked for the Hero video and the 1st chapter of Destiny, they got more views and comments in the day I put them at the top of the list.

I did another experiment in getting noticed with a video called Princesses Gone Wild in hopes of getting all the perverts to pick it up in the search. I'll put it on the Most Responded list tomorrow and see how it does.

No comments: