Monday, March 12, 2007

Ups and Downs

I made some progress today, but also had some setbacks. I got the storyboard and video done for the Sony HD Life Dennis liked it and the only concern he had about it was that the titles were out of the safe range on the screen but he checked them and they were inside the zone.

I tried uploading it to Current TV but they busted me on the music. I tried to tell them "I put a digitally synthesized rendition of themusic called Also sprach Zarathustra, op. 30 which isa symphonic poem by Richard Strauss, composed in 1896 and inspired by the book of the same title byFriedrich Nietzsche, I figured that it was in thepublic domain since copyrights don't last 111 years." But I doubt they'll go for that so I went with what Dennis suggested and got some scratchy gramophone music for the beginning, some swing music for the the middle and reggae music for the end to show how music has evolved like video has. Hopefully they'll accept that.

As I expected I didn't get into the Revver Head of the Class since when I checked the Revver blog I found that the top video had 866 views and the bottom had 163 views. I was off in the lowest number I thought I needed by 13 views since that was more than last time. At any rate my Money Changes Everything only got 20 views so I wasn't even close. I'm not sure what I could to do get the views up but it's a good lesson. Maybe it depends on your priorities, Do I want to go to extremes to get the views at the expense of how good the work is? Do I want to have a true representation of appreciation for the work? Do I just want the money from the views no matter the methods? Do I want a clique that views them for the person that upload them regardless of what the work is?

No comments: