Saturday, March 03, 2007

A new perspective on Journals

I got a call from my sister and told her about my blog so I could show her my door designs. She asked about the link to Peter Pan Projects Portfolio so I told her I'd put it on here. That's one I did for Art 95 and I'm still in progress of redesigning it for Art 37. I tried using the portfolio of david despau as an example for that one, but I'm not sure how well that has succeeded since I haven't had very good response from it so far. I'm not sure if that's from the layout of the portfolio or the lack of corporate or business designs in it. I've been trying to work more on getting some more professional looking content in it this semester.

I'm not sure how much of the whole blog my sister would be reading but, it did get me thinking about the nature of feedback since I have been getting more comments lately. 4 comments in 4 months and none in the 8 months before that. Would I be putting different stuff in this blog if I knew it was going to be read more? Probably not much.

I did put a bit more personal stuff in the bound book with the blank ages that she gave me for a present, but it was also a different more turbulent time in my life then. The only other person that read what I wrote in the paper version was Krys and I'm not sure how much she got out of it since she never said that much about it.

Some of it might be because I've got terrible handwriting and the editing in pen on paper makes a lot harder to be coherent with more difficulty in making it understood by an audience. That's why blogs are so much better since you can use a lot of different media to get your point across for people to understand in different ways like that video I saw on YouTube.



It showed how hypertext, video and images combine in different ways to link people together to share ideas and the growth of those ideas will reshape how people think.

My sister was saying how she wasn't organized enough to keep her ideas in a blog but I think the nature of the editors they have today make it a lot easier to do so even if you aren't a rocket scientist like she was for Lockheed. It's a lot easier to put your ideas in something like this and just send the link to people so they can see what you've been doing.



I saw and was very impressed with the skill of painting in Photoshop they had. My sister could do something similar the show what she's been able to do with her work since last time I was at her place I think she was doing stuff with Painter.

I showed it to Dennis and he thought that had used SnapZ to capture screenshots while they were working on it in Photoshop and then put them together to make the video. Maybe he'll show it in his class an example of what can be done with the program.

It almost made me think I could do something like that by watching the techniques and tools they used closely. If someone made a step by step tutorial on how the layers were built up I probably could learn how to and maybe from there how to do it with a pencil.

No comments: