Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Getting on top of things

I've been making progress getting caught up so now that I'm thinking I haven't been stuck under a mountain of stuff that I can't finish. I've got 2 designs for the large door coverings that Dan mostly likes after a bunch of tries, probably a few more until he's satisfied with them.


Next I can work on the large banner to go on the light pole for the events at Butte. I was thinking of doing one for the Shakespeare play they're putting on "As you Like It" that would be cool although it might be too topical and not as long lasting as some of the more annual events.

I finally finished the Soulmate in Peril video and it came out pretty much the way I had in mind with the mixing of the frames of reference and the layering of a lot of different elements. It was a lot longer than I expected almost 9 minutes and that took a lot more compressing to be able to upload it to YouTube and Revver.







I tried a lot of different compression ratios but getting it down to 100mb had to make some sacrifices in quality. At least the version on CD looks better.




Current TV posted the next VCAM assigment as a commercial for Sony HD Life, showing how people's lives are changed by their ability to use Cameras, Viaio laptops, audio recievers and plasma screen TV's. I'm thinking maybe I should do some motion graphics this time for it

Since Chapter of "An Angel's Destiny seems to be too large to put in altogether and I haven't had time to finish it people seem to agree I should do it in parts. I split it up into 4 parts and I have the 1st 2 parts uploaded now.






The 1st part is from Minerva is crying in the bedroom of the apartment that Chris has to where they get to the Norse Temple.






The 2nd part is where they try to contact Odin at the Temple and meet the monk called Zakita






But Minerva doesn't have any luck contacting Odin there


This way I can keep the story going while I finish the parts at the beach and at the Kiva Retreat. Hopefully that'll generate more interest in it.















3 comments:

PA said...

Pretty coll stuff. may I ask what 3D program you used? Atleast with revver for now there is a benefit for having videos in parts, more ads.

Argon said...

Most of it is made with a program called Poser, I imported some of the models from 3D Studio and did a lot of the backrounds in Bryce.

I'm glad you liked it, you can check out the web page An Angel's Destiny for the full story I have so far.

I suppose that's true, but I don't do it for the ads, I've been putting them on Revver because they have better resolution on the videos they convert than YouTube does.

Argon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.