Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A day late and a dollar short

I didn't make it again before the semester started, I only got the part at the Temple with Zakita written before I hit the wall of Writers Block. I'm not sure now if I'll have enough time to finish Chapter 4 with all the workload I've got now.

Dan seems serious this time with all the assignments and projects for the Mural and Portfolio classes. It's probably a good thing since I really need to make more progress on getting a more professional looking portfolio together than employers will take seriously. Plus getting an opportunity to get my work displayed on something that will get noticed like walls, doors and billboards is a good way to impress people that would hire me. I have to do some research on where a good place to put a mural is in Oroville, a building or something. So all that is going to take a lot of time, effort and energy and I'm not sure I'll have any to spare.

In addition I have to do all the videos which will take even more time. I have some ideas for the 1st one that I'm getting together. I wanted to take more care in getting the storyboard more detailed with a more complex story that includes more elements like motion graphics, live footage and 3D animation, integrated in a better way.

I wanted to do a romantic comedy as something for our anniversary and valentines day so I've been thinking of something along those lines. I saw this video on YouTube that looked pretty funny.




I liked the sense of adventure and thrills it had in it, I was thinking I could do something like that with our soulmates from the Because you Loved Me video jumping in and out of comic books. That way it would be like that video Are you Real? I saw that was mixing different frames of reference between video games, live footage and virtual reality.



I could have the soulmates battling in a 2D comic book setting with motion graphic sound effect balloons, then in live footage of a movie and in a video game setting, maybe even a pirate scene where they dance the tango to Hernando's Hideaway like in this video.



Maybe they can pull a Tron and go into a computer circuit board or do something with a NASA rocket. I still need to think of a good plot for them to follow, but that's a good framework of the storyline to at least let me get started on the storyboard for it.

I could use that Dungeons of Desire room and have the Spider gal as the villian. She covets the The Purple Rose of Cairo that the soulmates have since it has mystical powers. She sends some of her guards of her guards to steal it and when they can't find it, they kidnap one of the soulmates and the other has to rescue her. That leads to the chase across the frames of reference.

I had another idea that would make a good PSA, I could do different lyrics and situations to the tune of Because I got High like in this video





I could do something like the assembly robots getting high or the Playboy Bunnies getting high and a few other things to go along with the song which would make a good PSA. I still have to do that Capitalists Gone Wild video also.

No comments: